I have been working on a few "projects" already today in the kitchen. For breakfast we had bagels with strawberry cream cheese and strawberries, which were yummy. Then, I decided to make some blueberry oat muffins with the few fresh blueberries I had remaining in the fridge. Here's the recipe for the muffins, which I got from allrecipies.com:
Low-fat Blueberry Oat Muffins
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
TOPPING:
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions
In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg whites, water and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
Fill paper-lined muffin cups or muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray three-fourths full. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over muffins.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
I actually cut the recipe down for 6 servings instead of the 12 the recipe makes. It worked well. Here's the link: Blueberry Oat Muffins
Last night we had a beef and broccoli dish, with egg noodles since we didn't have any asian noodles and weren't really in the mood for rice. The beef was fried in teriyaki sauce, and the broccoli steamed before stir-fying them together in teriyaki. It had a nice flavor. Next time I think I want to try making the sauce from scratch, but we'll see.
Here are the photos:




No comments:
Post a Comment