Tonight we made a simple dinner of roasted vegetables and steak tips. I bought a bag of pre-chopped vegetables from Trader Joe's, and also pre-cut black angus steak tips from Trader Joe's. The vegetables included whole cloves of garlic, large slices of onion, carrots, small red potatoes (I think they were red potatoes?), and a little rosemary & thyme.
To roast the vegetables, you just put them in a pan and pour a little olive oil over them, and add some salt & pepper to taste. Toss them, and bake at 425 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. I turned them after about 20 minutes to make sure the seasoning and rosemary/thyme was evenly distributed. They turn out caramelized and so good.
For the beef, we basically just cooked the steak on the stovetop with a little oil and seasoning. Eric made his own steak sauce, since we didn't have any, by combining soy sauce, ketchup, hot sauce, distilled white vinegar, and sugar. He said it turned out ok as a substitute!






Hi Susan, I have that same calphalon pan. Ive used it so much the teflon is starting to show signs of wear. I just got a similar sized DeBuyer steel frying pan (heavy!) to take over its duties, and its great. Heavy seasoned steel really holds the heat and great for searing.
ReplyDeletesweet - we use that pan all the time and will eventually have to replace it! will have to try a new one eventually. Ours still has some wear.
ReplyDelete