Tonight I made corn muffins to go with our meal. These are a lower-fat version, made with non-fat milk and fat free plain yogurt. The yogurt makes the texture a little heavier, but still delicious. I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I did add a little more corn meal and flour to the mix because it was a little runny. I also found that the muffins stuck a litte to the muffin cups, but I am not sure why. It could be the yogurt. If you make it, you can experiment with the oil/fat - applesauce, yogurt, or vegetable oil.
Corn Bread/Corn Muffins
Mix:
1 3/4 cups corn meal
3/4 cup flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
Beat, and add to dry ingredients:
2 cups milk (I use non-fat)
2 eggs (or equivalent with egg whites only)
1/4 cup oil (or applesauce, non-fat yogurt)
Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes in a greased muffin pan or use muffin cups.
Delicious with margarine & honey drizzled on top
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Here's some more photos of my Washington travel adventures this weekend. We drove to and explored Whidby Island, and came back on the car ferry. It was our first time on a car ferry. A fun trip, and the coastline is beautiful!






This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLove the photos again! Did I tell you that Cheri's cousin, Tim Pinckney,was stationed on Whidby Island for several years in the service? The tides are so strong through some of the narrow passes between the islands, that you need x amount of horsepower to make it through them! The Pinckney line of Cheri's family is linked to the Charles Coatsworth Pinckney who sign the Declaration of Independence. Just a few years ago they christened a ship for the Navy and called it the USS Pinckney in Oxnard, CA. We were invited to go to it, but were unable to get out to CA at the time.
ReplyDelete